Our family of companies
As a leading not-for-profit health services company, Harvard Pilgrim is comprised of a family of companies including:
- Health Plans, Inc., (HPI), the largest third-party administrator of self-funded plans in New England, which also delivers highly customized solutions to employers across the country.
- MedWatch, an HPI affiliate, a population health management company delivering a wide range of services from biometric screening and chronic disease management to care management and utilization review.
- Trestletree, another HPI affiliate, providing behavior-focused coaching to support individuals, families, workplaces, physician practices and communities.
- Benevera Health, a unique population health company created through a joint venture between Harvard Pilgrim and several leading New Hampshire health systems, focused on reducing costs and improving the health of our fully insured New Hampshire members.
- The Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation, which provides the tools, training and leadership to help build healthy communities. Its focus is on increasing access to fresh, affordable food to low- and moderate-income families and communities in the region; supporting healthy, strong communities through grant contributions and community service; and addressing health disparities affecting diverse populations.
- The Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute's Department of Population Medicine (DPM), the nation’s only medical school appointing department based in a health plan. This unique collaboration between Harvard Pilgrim and Harvard Medical School is focused on innovative teaching and research to address health care issues.