Better understand your plan and how to get the most out of it.
The latest state regulations, and how upcoming changes may affect your coverage:
How we protect your privacy
Your rights and responsibilities as a member
Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a Harvard Pilgrim member helps ensure you get the best possible care when you need it.
As a member of Harvard Pilgrim, it is your right to:
- Receive information about Harvard Pilgrim, its services, its practitioners and providers and your rights and responsibilities
- Be treated with respect, in recognition of your values, dignity and right to privacy
- Participate with practitioners in decisions regarding your health care
- Engage in candid discussions of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for your conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage
- Voice complaints about Harvard Pilgrim’s services or appeal any denial of benefits
- Make recommendations regarding these rights and responsibilities policies
And it’s your responsibility to:
- Provide, to the extent possible, information that Harvard Pilgrim and its practitioners and providers need in order to best care for you
- Follow the plans and instructions for care agreed upon with your practitioners
- Understand your health problems and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals to the degree that you are able
Please see your benefit handbook for complete details.
Learn more about recommended preventive care services
Care management programs to empower and educate, helping you to manage your condition and improve your quality of life
Whatever your health concerns, Harvard Pilgrim’s nurse care managers can support you in reaching your wellness goals through our population health programs and offerings.
For example, our specialized nurses offer personal support. They help members expecting a baby to have the healthiest possible pregnancy. They support members living with multiple or complex conditions, such as chronic kidney disease. They can also help you manage and learn more about specific conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, cancer and heart disease, with care plans customized to address the unique needs of each.
To learn more about these programs and find out if you may be eligible to enroll, log in to your account to send us a confidential email. Or you can call us at (866) 750-2068.
Enhanced behavioral health resources and support, including self-help tools, keep you connected to care through challenging times.