A complete, end-to-end program that provides a seamless onboarding process
WELLESLEY, MASS. (October 15, 2019) -- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care today announced the launch of Harvard Pilgrim SmartStart, a program designed to significantly reduce the disruption of transitioning to a new health plan by connecting new accounts and members to the services they need, prior to their effective date. SmartStart reduces the uncertainty and inconvenience often associated with switching health plans through a seamless transition experience.
SmartStart delivers an easy and successful transition experience by providing superior service, engaging members early and capturing relevant data to ensure uninterrupted care and coverage for members, more accurate claims and cost containment measures. New Harvard Pilgrim accounts and members will receive a variety of benefits under SmartStart, including:
- Dedicated, pre-enrollment phone support to help members understand the details of their health benefits and coverage
- Skilled implementation coordination to ensure a successful implementation process
- Clinical transition support from nurse care managers, allowing members to easily transition their care, including prior authorizations and pharmacy coverage
- Employer education to identify, recommend and implement self-service options
- Guided, digital welcome experience for members to input health information, verify their primary care provider and access their digital ID card
- MyHealthMath access to help members understand the real cost of their health care and choose the best plan options, based on their best financial interest
“We understand that signing up or switching health plans can be a pain point for many members and employers,” said Beth Roberts, senior vice president, commercial business at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. “With SmartStart, we are helping ease this transition with integrated, data-driven supports that begin before the effective date to guarantee uninterrupted care. It also allows us to demonstrate what sets Harvard Pilgrim apart from day one: our superior service and outstanding member experience.”
Harvard Pilgrim SmartStart is available for all accounts with effective dates beginning on January 1, 2020. For more information on Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, please visit harvardpilgrim.org.
About Harvard Pilgrim
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and its family of companies provide health benefit plans, programs and services to more than 3 million members and customers, including its subsidiaries that serve national self-insured and population health customers, in New England and beyond. A leading not-for-profit health services company, we guide our members – and the communities we serve – to better health. Founded by doctors 50 years ago, we’re building on our legacy. In partnership with our expansive network of doctors and hospitals, we’re improving health outcomes and lowering costs through clinical quality and innovative care management. Our commitment to the communities we serve is driven by the passion of the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation. Through its work, low- and moderate-income families are gaining greater access to fresh, affordable food — a cornerstone to better health and well-being.