Your Fitness Reimbursement
A flexible program designed just for you! Download the form
Log in to begin
NOW including virtual fitness classes!
Now you can get reimbursed for virtual fitness class subscriptions.
About fitness reimbursements
We get it. Not everyone has the same approach to fitness. Whether you prefer going to the gym or practicing yoga, we’ll reimburse you for fees you pay toward a fitness facility or other qualified membership. You can even use your reimbursement toward a virtual fitness class subscription.
Get more than just your money back!
By exercising and getting fit, you can boost your mood, tone your body and improve your overall well-being. It’s a win-win!
How to get your reimbursement
Sign up for a participating gym or fitness program.
Work out and get fit — keep those receipts!
Submit your receipts to get your reimbursement directly deposited.
Frequently asked questions about fitness reimbursements
- You must be eligible for fitness reimbursement through your Harvard Pilgrim plan.
- Qualified fitness facility membership or fitness class subscription must be for at least four months in a calendar year.
- Current Harvard Pilgrim membership must be at least four months in a calendar year and must coincide with four months of fitness membership or subscription.
- Virtual fitness class subscriptions are now eligible for reimbursement!
- Purchase a membership to a full-service health/fitness facility that offers cardiovascular and strength-training equipment or a facility for exercising and improving physical fitness.
- Purchase a membership to a fitness facility or studio that offers:
- Aerobic/group classes
- Strength training
- Indoor cycling/spinning classes
- Indoor rock climbing
- Personal training (taught by a certified instructor)
- Validation of qualifying facilities and virtual fitness subscription is subject to approval by Harvard Pilgrim.
- Fees you pay for some group classes or personal training outside of a fitness facility/studio
- Health club initiation fees for instructional dance studios, country clubs, social clubs (such as ski, riding or hiking clubs), spas, gymnastics facilities, martial arts schools and pool-only facilities
- Road race fees, sport camps, ski passes, sports teams or leagues and school sports athletic user fees
Getting reimbursed is simple! Pay your monthly fees for your membership or virtual fitness subscription and after four months, choose one of the options below:
You can submit your request starting May 1 of the current calendar year.
Once you submit your request, reimbursement takes up to eight weeks. We encourage you to submit your request online for faster reimbursement.
We’ll send a check to the subscriber’s address of record, made payable to the subscriber. If you believe your current address is different from the address we have on file, please call the Member Services number on the back of your ID card before you submit the form.
Have additional questions about fitness reimbursements?
Call Member Services at (888) 333-4742 (TTY: 711).
Program eligibility and benefits may vary by employer, plan and state. You must be currently enrolled in Harvard Pilgrim at time of reimbursement. Fitness facility membership or virtual fitness subscription must be for at least four months in a current calendar year. Restrictions apply, and reimbursement is not available to all members. Fitness reimbursement may be considered taxable income. For tax information, consult your employer or tax advisor.