When members choose more cost-efficient physicians and hospitals, they pay less when receiving care.
||This ChoiceNet interactive presentation helps members learn how the plan works and to find answers to frequently asked questions. |
- Complements Harvard Pilgrim’s Best Buy portfolio of tiered copayment HMOs and PPOs with deductibles
- Addresses the reality of medical care cost differences through three tiers of cost sharing
- Three tiers of cost sharing for physician and hospital visits
- Tier 1 features the most cost-efficient doctors and hospitals
About ChoiceNet tiers
- Members pay less when they go to doctors and hospitals in lower tiers
- More than 75% of doctors and hospitals are in Tier 1 and Tier 2
- All three tiers include doctors and hospitals from our Quality Honor Rolls
- Tier 1 includes other providers like chiropractors, optometrists, physical therapists and all behavioral health services
- Emergency room care is always Tier 1 (regardless of hospital tier)
Note: ChoiceNet plans are currently available to employers based in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.