Maine’s Choice is a tiered plan design that can help employees save 10-15% on their premiums, and gives them the power of choice when it comes to their health care
Maine’s Choice is offered in 10 counties in Southern and Central Maine: Androscoggin, Cumberland, Franklin, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Sagadahoc, Waldo and York.
Plan designs available
This two-tiered plan design gives employers choice and flexibility through four deductible HMO plans, including one HSA HMO plan. Plus, all four plans come with our Value 4-tier Prescription Drug Plan option.
While members can see any provider in Harvard Pilgrim’s New England network, they’ll pay less when they receive their care from these Preferred tier hospitals and physician groups, and their affiliated providers.
Participating Preferred tier hospitals
- Franklin Memorial Hospital
- LincolnHealth – Miles campus
- LincolnHealth – St. Andrew’s campus
- Maine General Medical Center
- Maine Medical Center
- The Memorial Hospital – North Conway, NH
- Mid Coast Hospital
- Penobscot Bay Medical Center
- Southern Maine Health Care – Biddeford and Sanford campuses
- St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center
- Stephens Memorial Hospital
- Waldo County General Hospital
- York Hospital
Participating Preferred tier physicians
Over 700 PCPs and 3,000 specialists from these expansive physician groups are also in the Preferred tier:
- Kennebec Region Health Alliance
- Maine Medical Center PHO
- Martin's Point Health Care
- Spectrum Medical Group
- York Hospital
These are just some of the groups that participate in the Preferred tier. For a complete listing, visit the Maine’s Choice provider directory.
Extra incentives to keep members healthy
All Maine’s Choice plans come with:
- Coverage for 20 acupuncture visits per year
- $150 fitness reimbursement*
- Savings on a wide range of products and services that can help you live a healthy life, including eyewear, dental services, weight and nutrition programs, complementary and alternative medicine, smoking cessation and more
- Personalized health coaching
Contact your account executive.
* This plan includes a tiered provider network, with two benefit levels, or tiers, known as: 1) Preferred tier, which includes primary care providers (PCPs) and 2) Standard tier. Members pay different levels of cost sharing depending on the affiliation of the provider delivering a covered service. If a provider changes affiliations at any time, the tier of that provider may also change. To determine a provider’s tier in the network, please use the provider search tool.
** $150 maximum reimbursement per Harvard Pilgrim policy in a calendar year. Restrictions apply. Visit our fitness reimbursement page or call Member Services for details. (For tax information, consult your employer or tax advisor.)