Each year, HPHConnect user accounts must undergo an account revalidation — a regular review by all main office contacts to ensure that a user’s access is limited to only those functions that are necessary to accomplish that person’s job.
As part of this review, each main office contact should:
- Delete user accounts for anyone who no longer requires access, including individuals who have changed positions or left the organization
- Confirm that active accounts are attached to the correct roles
The following users are considered a main office contact: office manager, clinician, and clinician designee-office manager. Please note that a group may have multiple main office contacts and that each must complete the revalidation.
To determine when your account is due for annual account revalidation, please:
- Log in to HPHConnect
- Click on “System Admin” to view your list of users
- Review the “Validated Through” column. If any of the dates in that column are prior to today’s date, the account is overdue and should be revalidated.
Failure to complete an annual revalidation may result in losing HPHConnect access for the account.
You’ll find instructions on performing an account revalidation at the top of the user maintenance screen in HPHConnect or in the Account Revalidation User Guide found in Harvard Pilgrim’s Provider Manual. For more information, please contact Provider eBusiness Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or
(800) 708-4414 (select option 1 and then option 6 from the main menu).