Harvard Pilgrim has developed cardiac medication adherence reports, which will be sent to PCPs in August. These new reports list the past six month history of cardiac prescriptions filled by patients who were discharged between 7/1/2011 and 6/30/2013 after having an acute myocardial infarction (AMI). As shown in this sample, the biannual report includes:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Discharge date for the AMI event
- Cardiac medications received by the patient post-AMI for the past 6 months
- Prescriber name and phone number
- Beta blocker adherence rate (Medication Possession Ratio or MPR)
Harvard Pilgrim’s goal in releasing this information is to aid in:
- Identifying whether patients were prescribed a beta blocker and had the prescription filled
- Identifying possible non-adherence with cardiac medications including beta blocker therapy
- Coordinating care with the specialist, if needed.
In addition to mailing the report to PCPs, Harvard Pilgrim will post it on the secure server for easier access. If you have any questions, please contact the Clinical Programs Department at 1-800-287-9793.