This month, Harvard Pilgrim is launching a wellness program for our StrideSM (HMO) Medicare Advantage members that encourages and rewards them for completing certain screenings and wellness visits. The program focuses on promoting healthy behaviors and on preventive care.
Members can earn merchant gift cards for completing an annual wellness visit, breast cancer screening, colorectal screening, or diabetes retinal eye exam (as necessary). No action is needed on the part of the provider, since the member simply attests to the completion of the screening.
Medicare Advantage members can submit this information through CafeWell Rewards, an online and app-based wellness tool; telephonically; or by returning a postcard, sent by Harvard Pilgrim to introduce the program, with their reward selection noted.
Members who opt to use CafeWell can access information and tools to help them set health objectives, track progress, and celebrate attaining their goals. The site features Wellcards, containing easy-to-understand health education information that includes tips and action items to get members started with healthier behaviors. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Healthy eating — Veggie Challenge, Cut the Sugar, Eat Your Greens, Healthy Cooking, Nutrition Savvy
- Physical activity — Fitness Boost, Improve Balance, Core Strength, Step into National Parks
- Emotional well-being — Caregiver Support, Balance Your Life, De-Stress, Depression 101
- Sleep — Breathe Before Bed, Sleep Well 65+, Unplug Before Bed
- Condition management — Diabetes 101, Heart Disease 101, Hypertension 101, Asthma/COPD 101
- Healthy Behaviors — Alcohol Awareness, Break the Smoking Habit, Heart Health Challenge
Our Stride Medicare Advantage members will receive information about this program in June. If one of your Medicare Advantage patients has any questions about the program, please refer them to our Member Services Department for more information. They can find the Member Services phone number on their Harvard Pilgrim ID card.