Harvard Pilgrim Health care Home

eSSENTIAL ACCESSIBILITY
  
Visitor Home  |  About Us  |  Contact Us  |  Find a Doctor
 
Print    Text Size
Member > John Hancock > Health Plan Options > PPO 2015
 
Basic PPO (PPO)

Premium cost (amount deducted from your pay): High
Potential for out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, coinsurance, etc.) Mid-range**

  • PPO plan members are not required to choose a PCP, and referrals are not necessary. The PPO provides the highest level of choice.

  • Seek care from participating providers and you'll be covered at the in-network benefit level for covered services. Or you can choose to see providers who do not participate with HPHC and be covered at the out-of-network benefit level.

  • While the PPO provides more choice, it typically has more out-of-pocket costs both in an out-of-network, with coinsurance and deductibles, as well as paperwork like bills and claim forms.

  • In-network coverage: for some services, like doctor's visits, you'll pay a $20 copayment**. Other services, like hospital care, require a $250 individual/$500 family deductible, then you're covered at 90% (you are responsible for remaining 10%)

  • Out-of-network coverage: $750 individual/$2,250 family deductible, then 70% or 80% coverage (you are responsible for remaining 20% or 30%)

**The copayment amount is determined by which type of providers you see. A $20 copayment applies to some outpatient services, including most primary care, obstetrical care, gynecological care, mental health care and substance abuse rehabilitation. A $35 copayment applies to most outpatient specialty care. See Schedules of Benefits for details.


Acrobat Reader *Acrobat Reader required to view PDF files. Download latest version free.
Schedule of Benefits*

Prescription Drug Coverage