Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is dedicated to helping its members live long and productive lives and enjoy a good quality of life. Most people view being healthy as a ‘lack of disease’ but there is so much more to being healthy. Wellness, and our health, is about having a whole or balanced body system: one’s physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
Every time you make even a small choice that helps you move toward better health you are practicing wellness. Below is some information to help you on your road to wellness.
Health and Wellness
- Preventive care recommendations
- Falls and older adults
- Healthy Aging
- Quit smoking: For free telephone counseling services, contact: 800-QUIT-NOW (800-784-8669).
- Bone basics
Eating Well and Recipes
- Blueberry smoothie recipe
- Eating well as you get older
- 10 Nutrient Rich Foods
- Nutrient dense vs. calorie dense
- Oatmeal banana cookie recipe (pdf)
- Sweet grilled peaches recipe
- Healthy chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies
- Oatmeal banana cookie recipe
Taking Medicines Safely and Effectively
- 2021 Over-the-Counter (OTC) Brochure
- Mango Health App helps you manage your medications
- Medisafe Medication Reminder and Pill Organizer App
- Drugs.com Medication Guide App: Look up drug information, identify pills, check interactions and keep your medication list.
- Quick Tips for Taking Medicines Wisely
- Questions to Ask About Your Medicines
- Information on your medicine
- Keep track of your prescription, over-the-counter and herbal drugs with this Medicine Chart (pdf)
Diseases and Conditions
- Breathe Easy: Living with Asthma (pdf)
- Blood pressure
- Living with COPD (pdf)
- Diabetes: Create your plate
- Diabetes: Is your blood pressure in control?
- Living with Diabetes – English
- Living with Diabetes – en español
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Harvard Pilgrim 2021 Calendar
- National Institute on Aging
- Discounts and Savings – Log in to your Member Portal
- Health Topics A-Z
- Experience a 3-minute guided meditation (mp3)
- Stride Newsletter
Harvard Pilgrim is an HMO/HMO-POS plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in StrideSM (HMO) depends on contract renewal.
Links on this page may take you away from the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care website.
Y0098_21111 Last Update: 10/1/20