For those of you who were able to attend our Broker Breakfast on September 17 at the Woodlands, we’re glad you could make it! We’re pleased to share copies of the materials that were distributed.
If you weren’t able to attend our event, we hope you find these resources helpful in doing business with us.
- 2020 Maine Small Group Product Guide: Everything you need to know about our 2020 product options.
- 2020 Maine Small Group Benefit Updates: Highlights of benefit enhancements, changes and reminders.
- Maine Large Group incentive flyer: Broker incentive opportunities for the remainder of the year.
- Maine Small Group incentive flyer: Broker incentive opportunities for Q4 2019 – Q3 2020.
- 2020 Bright Choices product booklet: Expanded portfolio of large group 2020 plan options through the Bright Choices private exchange.
- OptumRx placemat: A visual that explains our new prescription drug partnership with OptumRx, effective January 1, 2020.
Reminder: group size determination/employee counting for group insurance
In July, the Maine Bureau of Insurance announced changes to the methodology by which employees are counted for determining an employer’s group size. Prior to August 31, 2019, Maine relied on a federal counting methodology by counting an employer’s full-time equivalent employees (FTEs). Beginning September 1, 2019, for all new and renewing groups, Maine will now require that a group’s size be determined by the number of the employees who are eligible for health insurance. For example, if an employer has 10 full-time employees and 75 employees working 20 hours per week, it has 10 eligible employees but has 60 or more FTE employees. This difference in methodology could change whether a group is considered a “small” or “large” employer for the purposes of purchasing health care.
If you have questions, please contact your Harvard Pilgrim account executive.