Harvard Pilgrim is partnering with Aspire Health, one of the nation’s largest non-hospice community-based palliative care organizations, to deliver on our promise to care for the whole person, close care gaps and maintain our commitment to contain costs.
Aspire offers specialized coordination and co-management of care, 24/7 access to clinicians and a focus on the physical and emotional needs of patients with advanced illness. This model of care leads to better health outcomes, lower costs and higher satisfaction for patients throughout their health care journey.
Harvard Pilgrim members (ages 18 and older) with advanced stages of illness will be invited to participate in this program either based on claims history, or through a referral from a Harvard Pilgrim care manager, primary care provider (PCP) or specialist.
A better member experience
Patients, caregivers and family can all have peace of mind, knowing they have the support they need to navigate complex medical decisions. This means:
- Round-the-clock access to Aspire Health’s care team, including in-home, virtual and phone-based support.
- Help managing symptoms and access to a provider who can prescribe medications.
- Coordination of care among all doctors, in-home care and support services.
- Resources to address members’ questions about their illness, help them make informed choices, and ensure they understand the community resources available to them.
- Care planning with discussion about health care goals, preparing for the unexpected and assistance with advance directives.
- Fewer hospitalizations and emergency room visits, leading to lower out-of-pocket costs for members.
Aspire’s program is available at no cost to all fully insured Harvard Pilgrim accounts, with no cost to members. It’s also available for purchase by self-insured accounts.
Contact your account executive to learn more.